Sunday, 7 January 2007

The seventh of January

When you feel tired, remember things of happiness and you will regain strength

No. Sorry; it just doesn't work. Not for me, anyway, and I think I've got quite a bit of experience with tiredness. On the other hand, if I talk about happy memories with someone, rather than just thinking about them, it's more likely to work, but in those cases, I think it has more to do with who I'm talking to, rather than what I'm talking about.

If I've got any energy at all, I sometimes find that doing something I enjoy will help me feel less tired, but sometimes you just have to spend a bit longer sleeping.

<><

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your idea for a blog - I'll be impressed if you keep up the commentaries for the whole year!

Not particularly related but I felt like writing a comment. This quote reminded me of some really vague stuff I heard last weekend, that isn't very credible but sounds nice and fluffy. I went to the Parihaka peace festival (www.parihaka.com) which was fantastic in lots of way and celebrating one of the most important times in NZ history. However, there was a lot of talk about 'peace, love, and harmony,' but little specifics on what this means. This was affirmed for me when Dave Dobbyn played as the last act and talked and sang about his faith in Jesus. It made me think about how for Christians, these concepts have more depth and foundation to them, and involves living sacrificially and changing