Saturday, 27 January 2007

The twenty-seventh of January

With the aim of excellence, I bring beauty and quality into each word and action*

Yes, I'll agree that aiming for excellence is the best way of achieving it. That makes sense to me. The words "each word and action" perhaps suggest perfection, though, rather than excellence, and I don't think we can expect to achieve that all the time, no matter how hard we try. Failure to achieve perfection shouldn't be construed as failure, especially not if excellence is a by-product of the effort.

<><

* Reproduced by permission of the copyright-holder BK Publications, London, www.bkpublications.com

1 comment:

ruthmck said...

Good comment Tim. I don't know if something was lost in translation with that quote, but I found I just didn't know what to take from it myself.